I’ve lived in East Naples since I moved here in 2000.
Our first home was a spacious two-bedroom, two-bath unit off Palm Drive that we rented. We loved that we could walk to the Walmart and that the community had a huge pool.
When we knew we were staying for the long haul, we decided to buy a single-family home. At the time, our Realtor spoke highly of North Naples. That area of town was really coming into its own and was a popular choice among those just discovering the area.
However, we had come to love East Naples and were steadfast in wanting to buy in this part of town. Unfortunately, our part of town gets a bad rap, but for those of us who live here, we enjoy all it has to offer.
Here are 12 reasons to love life in East Naples:
1. Convenient to two Interstate 75 exits — Exit 105 and Exit 101
2. The absolute best Publix in Berkshire Commons. In fact, it is reputed as the busiest Publix in all of Collier County
3. Less congested roads (which we really appreciate!)
4. Just minutes to the Naples beach where every street ends at the sand; plus we are close to the popular shopping districts of Fifth Avenue, Third Street South and Tin City
5. Two Super Walmarts off 951
6. A fantastic paved bike/walking path that extends from Radio Road south to Rattlesnake Hammock Road
7. Close to the Everglades where you’ll find airboat rides, Shark Valley, Clyde Butcher’s gallery, and more
8. The best dentist, Dr. Richard Garcia (yes, I’m biased because he’s my dentist, but for someone like myself who truly hates to go to the dentist, Dr. Garcia is awesome and is just an all-around good guy)
9. Great recreation facilities at Golden Gate Aquatic Center, including pools, children’s play areas, tennis and racquetball courts, ball fields, walking trails and even a boat ramp (and the Snow Fest is held there every year)
10. Delicious restaurants: First Watch in Berkshire Commons, Senor Tequilas and Cracklin’ Jacks off 951, Rib City off East Tamiami Trail and Michelbob’s off Airport-Pulling Road, just to name a few
11. The newest hospital in Collier County … Physicians Regional off 951
12. We have a Sonic and a Dairy Queen drive-thru here which satisfies when those late night ice cream attacks happen
Those of us that live in East Naples enjoy the peace and quiet this side of town has to offer. If you haven’t discovered East Naples yet, don’t listen to the naysayers. Allow me to show you around and give you a glimpse of life here. You are sure to be pleasantly surprised!
Alysia Shivers Realtor | Naples Florida Real Estate | 239.877.9732
https://www.aroundtownwithalysia.com | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Pinterest